Privacy statement - www.volkerwessels.com
This Privacy Statement relates to the processing of personal data of visitors of the website www.volkerwessels.com of Royal VolkerWessels N.V.. We, Royal VolkerWessels N.V., respect the privacy of the visitors of our website and handle your personal data carefully. In doing so we comply with the applicable laws and regulations in the field of the privacy.
It is possible that your personal data are processed by VolkerWessels or one of its operating companies (hereinafter: VolkerWessels).
In this Privacy Statement we inform you about the way in which we process your personal data.
2. For what purposes are the data processed and which personal data are processed?
We may process personal data of the visitors of our website (hereinafter: visitors) for one or more of the following purposes:
- to send newsletters;
- to send vacancy alerts;
- to register for events;
- to respond to questions and complaints;
- to conduct a customer satisfaction survey;
- to respond to service requests;
- to register to JongVolkerWessels;
- to process job applications; job applications are subject to a separate privacy statement, which is provided with the job application form.
We process of all our visitors:
In addition you may opt for leaving personal data yourself, via our website, for one of the above-mentioned purposes.
We only process personal data that you leave yourself:
- first name and surname;
- e-mail address;
- telephone number.
3. How are the personal data collected?
The personal data of the visitors are obtained in the following ways:
- Through the use of the website and the cookies placed thereon;
- By the provision of personal data by the user himself/herself.
4. How are the personal data protected?
We take the protection of personal data of the visitors of our website seriously and have therefore implemented appropriate organizational and technical measures to prevent abuse, loss, unauthorized access, undesirable disclosure, unlawful change or other unlawful processing.
Employees of ours who have access to your personal data are bound to a confidentiality clause and only have access to the personal data in so far as this is necessary for performing their duties and/or supporting the website.
5. What rights do the visitors have and how can they exercise them?
Pursuant to the General Data Protection Regulation, visitors have several rights with regard to their personal data to safeguard their privacy:
- Right of inspection;
- Right to improve/supplement;
- Right to delete;
- Right to limit the processing;
- Right to portability;
- Right to object to processing.
The request to exercise one or more of the above rights shall be made in writing to Royal VolkerWessels N.V., to be contacted at email@example.com. To verify that the request originates from you, we ask you to send a copy of your proof of identity with your request. To protect your privacy, we ask you to blacken your pass photo and citizen service number (BSN) on this copy.
If we receive a request we will - depending on the nature of the request - first weigh up the interests involved and assess whether we can and may comply with the request. Based thereon we will send you an appropriate response.
If you do not receive a response to your request in a timely manner or if your request is denied, you may object to the Privacy Taskforce of VolkerWessels. You may also at all times object to the Data Protection Authority or institute court proceedings.
6. Provision of personal data to third parties
We may share the personal data of visitors with:
- Clients, partners or customers of VolkerWessels;
- Companies within the VolkerWessels group;
- Service providers that are engaged to provide services on behalf of VolkerWessels;
- Third parties, including but not limited to supervisory agencies, the tax and customs administration or other agencies, in order to comply with statutory obligations.
We conclude processing agreements with third parties that process personal data on our behalf in order to ensure an adequate level of protection and confidentiality of the personal data of our visitors.
7. Retention period
We will keep the personal data of visitors no longer than is required for the purposes for which they have been obtained, unless we are under a statutory obligation to keep the data for a longer period.
9. Links to websites of third parties
Our website may contain references and/or hyperlinks to one or more websites of third parties. We are in no way liable for how these third parties comply with the privacy legislation. We recommend that you read the privacy statement on the websites of these third parties for information about the ways in which these third parties handle your personal data.
We reserve the right to change this privacy statement unilaterally. Changes will be published on our website; please read the text on our website regularly, so that you are aware of any changes. This privacy statement was updated on January 29th, 2019.
11. Contact/ questions
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Privacy Statement - job applicants
1. For whom is this Privacy Statement intended?
This Privacy Statement concerns the processing of personal data of job applicants of Koninklijke VolkerWessels (VolkerWessels) hereinafter: we. We respect the privacy of our job applicants and therefore we handle your personal data with care. In this, we comply with the requirements from the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). In this Privacy Statement we inform you of the manner in which we can process your personal data.
2. Who is responsible for processing your personal data?
Koninklijke VolkerWessels is responsible for determining the goal of and the means for the processing of your personal data. It is possible that your personal data will be processed by VolkerWessels.
3. For which purposes do we process which personal data?
We process personal data of job applicants for different purposes, which are further explained below. Not all of these processing purposes will apply to you. If a processing purpose and/or a part thereof does not apply to you, your related personal data will not be processed for that purpose. For all purposes your name, address, city, e-mail address and telephone number can be processed. For each purpose, it is always specified which personal data can be processed by us:
Purpose: to assess the suitability for a certain function, position or assignment;
Which personal data can be processed: nationality, date and place of birth, gender, marital status, curriculum vitae (cv), motivation letter, course details, assessment results, psychological and medical examinations/tests, certificate of conduct, Credit Registration Office registration, copy of references, (copy) of passport photo.
Purpose: for other recruitment and selection purposes (including the correspondence with job applicants, the taking of tests or (medical) examinations;
Which personal data can be processed: nationality, date and place of birth, gender, marital status, cv, motivation letter, course details, assessment results, psychological and medical inspections/tests copy of references, (copy) of passport photo.
Purpose: to comply with the applicable laws and regulations;
(For example to provide data to the tax department or to comply with a court order or a claim of an investigative authority).
Which personal data can be processed will depend on the specific laws and regulations that must be complied with, but will usually include at least your name, address, city and telephone number.
How are your personal data collected?
Your personal data are collected in several ways:
- Through the provision of personal data by yourself.
- Through the provision of personal data by a recruitment and selection firm.
- Through the use of the websites of VolkerWessels and the cookies that are placed thereon.
- Through the cookies that are stored on your computer or mobile device when you visit our websites.
5. How are your personal data secured?
In order to secure your personal data in the best way possible, we take appropriate organisational and technical measures to prevent misuse, loss, unauthorised access, undesired disclosure, unauthorised change or otherwise unlawful processing.
Our employees with access to your personal data are bound to a confidentiality clause and have access to your personal data only when necessary for the performance of their duties.
We conclude processing agreements with third parties that process your personal data on our instructions to ensure that these third parties observe an adequate level of security and confidentiality.
6. What rights do you have and how can you exercise these rights?
The GDPR grants individuals various rights to secure their privacy. This also applies to you as a job applicant. You have the following rights:
- The right to inspect your personal data;
- The right to improve/supplement your personal data;
- The right to remove your personal data;
- The right to limit the processing of your personal data;
- The right to transferability of your personal data;
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data.
The request to exercise one or more of the above rights can be submitted in writing to our contact person Privacy at email@example.com.
When we receive a request, we will, depending on the nature of the request, first weigh up the interests and assess whether we can and may comply with the request. After that, we will send an appropriate response.
If you have not received a timely response to your request or if the request has been denied, you can lodge an objection with the Privacy Taskforce of VolkerWessels. In addition, you always have the right to lodge an objection with the Dutch Data Protection Authority or to start proceedings before the District Court.
7. Provision of personal data to third parties
VolkerWessels will not share your personal data with third parties without your prior consent.
8. How long are my personal data kept?
We keep your personal data no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the data were collected, unless we are obligated by law to do so.
We reserve the right to amend this Privacy Statement unilaterally. We will appropriately inform you of possible amendments. This Privacy Statement was updated on February 2, 2019.
10. Contact / questions
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, please contact the contact person Privacy at firstname.lastname@example.org.