Responsible Disclosure Statement
At VolkerWessels the security of our systems is top priority. No matter how much effort we put into system security, there might be vulnerabilities present. If you discover a vulnerability, we would like to know about it, so we can take steps to address it. We would like to ask you to help us protect our clients and our systems.
Please do the following:
Submit your findings by using the form at the bottom of the page.
- Report the vulnerability as quickly as is reasonably possible, to minimize the risk of hostile actors.
- Report in a manner that safeguards the confidentiality of the report, so that others do not gain access to this information.
- Do not use attacks on physical security, social engineering, distributed denial of service, spam or applications of third parties.
- Provide enough information to reproduce the problem, so we will be able to resolve it. Usually, the IP address or the URL of the affected system and a description of the vulnerability will be enough. Complex vulnerabilities may require further explanation.
- Reveal the vulnerability to others until it is resolved.
- Build your own backdoor in an information system, because doing so can cause additional damage and create unnecessary security risks.
- Utilize a vulnerability further than necessary to establish its existence.
- Copy, modify or delete data on the system. An alternative for doing so is making a directory listing of the system.
- Make changes to the system.
- Repeatedly gain access to the system or sharing access with others.
- Use brute force attacks, attacks on physical security, social engineering, distributed denial of service, spam or applications of third parties to gain access to our systems.
- We will respond to your report within five business days with our evaluation of the report and an expected resolution date.
- If you have followed the instructions above, we will not take any legal action against you concerning the reported vulnerabilities.
- We will not pass on your personal details to third parties, without your consent, unless it is necessary to comply with a legal obligation. Reporting under a pseudonym or anonymous is possible.
- We will keep you informed of the progress towards resolving the problem.
- In the public information concerning the reported problem, we will give your name as the discoverer of the problem (unless you desire otherwise).
We strive to resolve all vulnerabilities, as quickly as possible.
This Responsible Disclosure policy is based on an example written by Floor Terra and the Responsible Disclosure Guideline of the NCSC.