VWLD Breepark B.V., a joint venture between VolkerWessels Logistics Development and Aberdeen Standard Investments’ European Real Estate Club III, has leased two units of DC Bavelse Berg in Breda to an international end user. The leased part has a floor area of 20,158 m² of warehouse space, office space and mezzanine. Systabo, a VolkerWessels group company, is responsible for the construction and will deliver the building in mid-September 2019.
The tenant will use DC Bavelse Berg to facilitate the expansion of its current operation. Being located on the Bavelseparklaan, directly at the exit of the A27, is an advantage for both carriers and employees. Breda is one of the southern hubs with direct motorway connections to Utrecht, Rotterdam, Antwerp and Eindhoven.
Roeland van den Berg of VolkerWessels Logistics Development: "We are very pleased to welcome the first tenant for this project. At the end of 2018 we started the construction of DC Bavelse Berg with a total size of approximately 45,000 m² at risk. The project has a flexible design and can be divided into four independent units. Two units with a combined area of approximately 25,000 m² remain available for rent.’’
International real estate advisor Cushman & Wakefield and Dentons Boekel advised the tenant with location selection and finalising the lease. JLL, CBRE and DLA Piper advised VWLD Breepark B.V.
About VWLD and Aberdeen SI
VolkerWessels Logistics Development (VWLD), a company of VolkerWessels, develops logistics and commercial real estate based on the needs of the user. By working together with strategic partners and users of logistics real estate, we realize innovative projects for our customers. Our starting point is a thorough preparation with an efficient and sustainable design in which the user and his operation are always central. For more information visit our website www.vwld.nl
About Aberdeen Standard Investments
- Aberdeen Standard Investments is one of the largest real estate investment manager in Europe, managing € 44 billion* of real estate assets across UK, Europe and Asia. Our dedicated team of more than 280 real estate investment professionals manages more than 1,600 real estate assets worldwide, and are based in 18 global offices (including London, Edinburgh, Frankfurt, Paris, Stockholm, Copenhagen, Amsterdam, Hong Kong, Singapore and Boston).
- Aberdeen Standard Investments is a leading global asset manager dedicated to creating long-term value for our clients, and is a brand of the investment businesses of Aberdeen Asset Management and Standard Life Investments.
- With over 1,000 investment professionals we manage € 562.7 billion of assets worldwide. We have clients in 80 countries supported by 50 relationship offices. This ensures we are close to our clients and the markets in which they invest.
- We are high-conviction; long-term investors who believe teamwork and collaboration are the key to delivering repeatable, superior investment performance. We are resolute in our commitment to active asset management.
- ASI is the asset management business of Standard Life Aberdeen plc, one of the world’s largest investment companies.
- Standard Life Aberdeen plc is headquartered in Scotland. It has around 1.2 million shareholders and is listed on the London Stock Exchange. The Standard Life Aberdeen group was formed by the merger of Standard Life plc and Aberdeen Asset Management PLC on 14 August 2017.
* Data as at 31 December 2018