Building a better quality of life can also mean contributing, financially or otherwise, to social causes and initiatives. These are divided into three distinct categories:
3. Employee initiatives
Our operating companies are free to make sponsorship contributions independently and can be approached directly in connection with this. VolkerWessels also sponsors various activities centrally. The following principles apply to sponsoring:
- the sponsored activity must be linked to our business activities;
- the sponsored activity must consistent with and/or enhance our ambitions;
- our employees are able to be actively involved in the event as volunteers;
- the sponsored activity must be well-organised with a good and realistic sponsorship plan (in terms of budget, time, human resources in place;
- VolkerWessels does not sponsor politically affiliated organisations or for-profit organisations.
Sponsorship requests can be submitted via the application form.
VolkerWessels believes it is important to actively contribute to society by supporting good causes. Requests for donations are therefore handled centrally by our head office.
Employees who volunteer for a good cause that clearly contributes to society are eligible for a financial contribution of up to € 250. VolkerWessels sets the following conditions for such contributions:
- the employee must be in active employment (temps, seconded staff, retired staff and freelancers are not eligible);
- the employee may apply only once a year;
- once approved, the actual financial contribution will be transferred directly to the respective organisation by VolkerWessels.
Employee initiative requests may be submitted via the application form.
The full sponsorship and donation policy can be found here.